Dopey Hen. Possibly Egg Bound?

arwoon

-Elevensies-
5 Years
Jun 19, 2017
I have a Silver Spangled Hamburg hen who has started acting not like herself, and it has gotten a lot worse over the course of the day. This morning when I let all of my chickens out, I noticed that she (who is normally very hyper and extremely flighty) was walking very slowly, and just standing around. Later today I went down there again after my brother said she was acting weird. I found her sitting in a shady corner of the yard, with her eyes closed:
Screenshot_20220617-181019_kindlephoto-274165614.png

I picked her up with out having to chase her as I usually do. When I picked her up she pooed a bunch of whiteish yellow watery stuff. I immediately checked her vent:

Screenshot_20220617-180941.png

(sorry, it was really difficult to get a good picture)

I tried to feel for an egg, but I didn't feel anything. Also her crop was empty. She got away from me and beelined back to the shady spot where she had been before. I have gotten her to eat something, and I put calcium in her water. She is in a separate enclosure from the rest of the flock currently:
Screenshot_20220617-181009_kindlephoto-274180509.png

Just three more quick things I found when I was examining her:
Screenshot_20220617-181000_kindlephoto-274196061.png

Is this bumble foot? If so should I be concerned? Its really tiny.

Also I noticed on the edges/underside of her wings it looked like her feathers had been rubbed off.

And finally black spots on her waddle?
Screenshot_20220617-181028_kindlephoto-274142701.png
Screenshot_20220617-180951.png

I will continue updating, but I need to know if this may be something that the rest of my flock can catch? Should I let her sleep in the coop with the rest tonight? The containment is mostly so the others won't steal her food, and so I can catch her easier. (Though she is getting easier to catch as the day progresses, and that is what is wording me a lot. Her sudden change in behavior.

Ok, so this afternoon when I went out there she was sitting in the bushes with her head and tail down. I was afraid she was dead, till i put my hand on her and she opened her eyes and jumped up. I don't think she is egg bound, her crop is functioning normally. I don't know what could be going on. Any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom