Dosage for Tylan 50

Gymmouse84

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2017
Can anyone please tell me how much Tylan 50 to inject in 7-8 week old chicks? Also, is there a preferred injection site (breast muscle or behind the neck)? Any advice would be great!

I do it oral. 6 to 8 weeks---according to the size of the chick, bantam or giant??? Average size---probably around a little less than 1/2ml twice a day.

They are all average...the rooster is about larger but no giants or bantams (americauna, copper marans, cream legbars)

Yes, I have been dealing with two sick chicks for 3-4 weeks, trying different meds/ combos of treatments with no improvements. Two have been lethargic with closed eyes. When they do open them they seem swollen and watery. They have also been sneezing. The last few days I've had to move three more chicks into the quarantine as they are beginning to exhibit similar symptoms. And as of this morning, the male has been squeeking and seems to be laboring to breathe. I hate to see them suffering and not themselves. The latest treatment was terra-vet 10 for three days but saw no changes so someone recommended the tylan 50. If you have any other suggestions of things to try I would greatly appreciate it! I'm having a rough time slowly watching my entire flock of chicks slowly get sick :(

Back
Top Bottom