Dosage for Wazine 17

Pics
@dawg53 should I seperate out my 6 week old chicks from everyone else when I do the wazine in the morn?
I also have some youn bantam and 4 monthish standard size? It's all same dosage I guess

@dawg53 should I seperate out my 6 week old chicks from everyone else when I do the wazine in the morn?
I also have some youn bantam and 4 monthish standard size? It's all same dosage I guess

You can treat all of them. Start with 3 teaspoons of wazine per gallon of water for 24 hours. Then in 10-14 days redose 6 teaspoons wazine per gallon of water. Remember when using wazine treated water, it must be their sole source of water to drink.

I have read that I can treat the 2nd time with another broad spectrum like valbazen in 10 days. If i do this will I need to repeat again 10 days later to get the other little wormy critters( that aren't roundworms) for a second time. Or is once with wazine and once with valbazen sufficient?

:D

I have read that I can treat the 2nd time with another broad spectrum like valbazen in 10 days. If i do this will I need to repeat again 10 days later to get the other little wormy critters( that aren't roundworms) for a second time. Or is once with wazine and once with valbazen sufficient?

big_smile.png

This time it's once with wazine, and once with valbazen.
When you decide to worm again in the future, forget the wazine and just use valbazen. Then redose with it again in 10 days.

This time it's once with wazine, and once with valbazen.
When you decide to worm again in the future, forget the wazine and just use valbazen. Then redose with it again in 10 days.

So.... I am going to have to start the kids on tylan 50 soluble tomorrow. Not positive how long they will be on it but wondering if it is safe to retreat for worms at same time as on antibiotics?

Can I dose a single bird through syringe? Does any one know the ml/Ib?
Welcome To BYC

Wazine17 is no longer on the market but if you have it on hand, then follow the directions on the bottle. Not sure if there's a direct dose since this goes in the drinking water and is just dependent on the bird drinking the medicated water for a whole day.

What type of worms are you treating for? Wazine may treat roundworms, but there's other de-wormers you can use to direct dose a single bird.
Fenbendazole (Safeguard) or Valbazen(Albendazole) are given orally by weight.

Back
Top Bottom