Double, triple posting?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by mississippifarmboy, Nov 2, 2011.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that it looks like about half of all the post the past little while are double or triple posting? Is this a glitch in BYC or is something else going on?

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Something is going on! Its everyone! There is a glitch or something in all of BYC! It keeps logging me on and off! Sending multiple pms! [​IMG]

Nifty get on man! We need ya!

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    There was a server glitch that seems to be fixed. The multiple posts happen when instead of waiting, the submit or refresh button is pushed over and over.

4. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I know I haven't been pushing the buttons over and over, it goes on as usual and then the person I pmed told me that he got 4 messages!

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:Thanks Terrie, I wasn't sure what was going on, I'm not very tech savvy, but I was missing my BYC fix for the night. I was afraid I'd start twiching or something. [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes it can also be when the serer is trying to process the request and gets stuck.

If you see duplicates, just report them and we can remove them.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by