Double yolk doing well....Another double today 8-8...Good sign?!

nooniebubba

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 22, 2012
Well everyone I am new to the chicken thing and have 20 hens in the city in South Carolina. My hens have all been doing wonderful so I decided to seperate my 5 Buff Orpington's away from all of the other girls and focus on my RIR rooster breeding these 5. Being in the city I knew it would only be a matter of time before I was run out so the breeding began! Long story short one of my BO is named Sarah and she is tagged with a yellow band. Sarah has laid about 6 eggs thus far with one being laid on 8-4 and I knew it was fertile so I placed in incuabtor. Still not really thinking about double yolks and all of the fancy lingo, I proceeded to get my daily eggs for the refrig and my daily eggs for the bator. Well today Sarah began to get in the middle box as always but she just would not get up. I constantly was checking under her with no luck. Finally I was out in the yard messing in the garden when Sarah stood up and out came this egg big enough that my 16 year old son says" OMG mom no wonder she wouldn't get up". Hence Austin and I began to take a picture and send to my niece (Sarah is named after Sarah) and put the egg in the incubator. Still dumb me is not thinking anything other than charting my daily eggs and putting in the bators. I held up Sarah's egg from 4 days ago which was 8-4 to compare with Sarah's egg from today 8-8 and to my surprise there is a double thriving(so far) double yolk. So, Austin says, well if this one has two in it then her new one has to since it is much bigger!!!! I am not sure how to load pictures on this forum yet but my profile picture is Sarah's double yolk from 8-4. What is neat is that her double yolk from today is bigger and the date is 8-8.....Double down anyone???!

Back
Top Bottom