Double-yolked eggs ARE good luck!

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
I name my favorite hens after friends of mine. Commonly, the hens seem to take on traits that remind me of the ladies they're named after, and I like to tease my friends. One hides her eggs, one "talks" a lot, etc. etc.

Well, one of my most-favored hens recently began consistently laying double-yolked eggs. At about the same time, the friend who she's named after got a long-sought book deal!

I'm thinking of naming one after myself next time.
tongue.png

Quote:
My 6yo daughter demands the double-yolkers as soon as she sees them--I literally have to cook them on the spot!
roll.png
I usually just scramble them in a cup in the microwave, though, because Belinda = LAZY.
lol.png

Oooh! I've never tried scrambling eggs in the microwave before, though come to think of it that's how they do it at a lot of bagel places (to make those perfect bagel-sized egg patties). How long do you cook them? Gonna have to try that... a lot less mess than firing up the frying pan....

1 minute per egg...that's good and solid. I have one bowl in particular that I like to use cause when the egg comes out it is the perfect size to fit on a slice of toast!

Back
Top Bottom