Double yolker - RIP little ones... Photos added of the egg opened

The first pic shows the tiny hole I drilled for baby no 2. The hole into the airsac was just done - I forgot to take a photo before I started to open the egg.

46956_pic_1.jpg

Pic 2. I have opened the top of the egg. You can see the beak in relation to where the hole I made was. I dont think I could have got it any closer.

46956_pic_2.jpg

Pic 3 is more of the shell taken away- you can see the ying and yang positioning of the twins

46956_pic_3.jpg

Pic 4 Showing the baby closest to the air sac with its beak facing down.

46956_pic_4.jpg

All out. There isnt much size difference between the two babies at all. Twin number 2 had started absorbing the yolk- but Number one hadnt. Its beak was down beside the yolk sac. Poor little bub would never have been about to breath at all like that.

46956_pic_5.jpg

I'm sorry they didn't make it. It seems like with even one they are tucked in there pretty good. I know I've had to help them get untangled. You did every thing you could.

Very sorry for the loss of your twins, and its definitely not your fault. Its great to have a thread like this on the twins, no matter the outcome.
hugs.gif

One duckling tucked in an egg seems amazing to me, but I couldn't imagen how two fit!

I am so sorry! At least you tried! Not too many people would be very successful in hatching twins, very few.

It is definately a learning experience, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom