Double yolker - RIP little ones... Photos added of the egg opened

Bock.. Just out of interest...what breed was yours. I was afraid of posting this here too early in cast the didnt get very far after the first candling..so I made sure that I was past the half way mark. But this is the scarier half of the incubation.

Gee...I was so relaxed about that egg before..But now I have posted about it- I am feeling the nerves and excitement a little.

I hope they make it for you... my 25 cents is if they were viable after setting for 12 days they are little survivers and they will make it
.. fingers crossed

Mine is an Indian Runner.

I cant believe what I just found!! Its raining here today and since the watertank is full I went out to change over the pipes so the yard doesnt flood. I have another huge egg!!! What a coincidence !! I weighed this one and its 118 grams. The duck who laid it has been showing signs of going broody out near the tank so I have been leaving her eggs for the last few days. From the egg count she didnt lay one yesterday. It would be from the same duck that laid the first one.

I'm always surprised that a duck can produce such a large egg. It can't be painfree pushing that one out. Must feel like being super constipated and finally found some relieve, just to have to push out another one the next day.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom