DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

Quote:
No just 2 from one egg and one from another egg (it also had a twin in it but it was already dead.

I am going to try to get some more pics of them this weekend...their little personalities are coming through....you all can help me determine if they are pullets or not.
big_smile.png

~Rebecca

Rebecca those were really fun videos to watch! Thanks! I may even try some double yolkers eventually just to see. And yes more pics of your triplets! And yeah "assisting" is mind blowing, nerve wracking stuff isn't it?

Awesome! They are adorable. Maybe showing my mom pics of them will get her to allow me to own chickens. Rebecca, could you clarify more on the dad's name? What do the initials stand for? I am new to this chicken thing. (But I'm smart enough to know that RIR stands for Rhode Island Red!) Congrats, they are beautiful. I feel your loss for the other twin in the second egg that didn't make it. At first, I thought that the chicks would be mutated, I didn't know that they would be just like a child in a mother's stomach. Seriously, maybe this could convince my mom...

I collect things to do with twins, poems, other mothers stories, etc. from all over the web to send to my sister who has twins (human)
big_smile.png
Needless to say I sent her this link, and she thought it was one of the coolest thing she has ever seen! She is such a city girl, she didn't even know eggs could contain double yolks... Thanks again for the AWESOMEST video!

I would not help it. I have raised lovebirds and cockatiels and had many breeder friends. I believe you should let nature take its course. Everyone and myself included that has ever helped a chick out of its egg has experienced lots of them dying or being weak and too small or having some sort of bird disability. Honestly, let nature take its course.
Experience is a powerful thing!

Good Luck to you.

Quote:
Yeah, but with double yolkers you have no choice, they must be helped... if not, both will die.

And Rebecca has now done the movie!!!

Can't wait to see the 2-3 month old pics!!!

K everyone, start chanting... "We Want PICs!" "We Want PICs!"... do you think she can hear all of us?

Quote:
Sorry to disagree but I've assisted chicks before and had them be perfectly totally FINE and thriving birds, grown to normal adults. Parrots may be an entirely different matter. I know LOTS of people who have assisted chicks and had them be normal. I just grew out two more, both assisted out, from two different breeds on the same day. In April they'll start laying. Happy, thriving typical chickens.

Back
Top Bottom