1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

double yolker

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Charlene, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Charlene

Charlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Big Fat Momma's thrid egg was a double yolk! We just had all three today, the first time for all of us. I thought maybe they were a little sweeter than store bought, but not hugely different. I'm glad 'cause my husband gets weird about food and he liked them.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Those double yolkers are so much fun! My kids always want those first to eat.

I'm glad your hubby likes them! I think they are soo much better than store bought. But, when you have grown up with those sickly barely yellow "pretend" [​IMG] store bought eggs it can be hard for some people to make the switch to "the real thing!" [​IMG]

edited to correct a word

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  3. simba49450

simba49450 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    hey there

thats so cool, i had a leghorn who only laid double yolks. from what i understand it is a rare thing to have a hen lay double yolkers all the time. you may be a lucky one who has one, if you sell eggs then you can charge more per doz. which will help your profit. or you may try to breed your hen to try to get that uniqueness and you may get lucky. congrats on your hen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by