DOUBLE YOLKERS

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chick4chicks, Aug 23, 2008.

1. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I ate my first fresh chicken eggs today and both of them were double yolkers. WooHoo. Yeah, you go girls. It was so exciting.LOL.[​IMG]:ya:woot:thumbsup

2. petlove

petlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Skiatook, OK
    Congrats, I had my first eggs this week and a couple were double yolkers as well. Yummy [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats to you too Petlove, I hope you get many more.

4. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    Chick4chicks, What breed of chickens do you have?

5. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Isn't having chickens just the best!!!

We've been getting enough eggs to have them for breakfast every other morning! It's VERY exciting! We haven't had any double yolkers yet tho! Congrats!!! [​IMG]

6. chick4chicks

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    hoosierhen, the ones laying right now are Red Sex Links and Golden Comets. I really would recommend this type of chicks they started laying at 15 weeks and they have been laying nice brown eggs and nice sized eggs for beginners. Thanks all:)

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Took us about 25 eggs to get our first double yolker, sad thing is my wife was separating the eggs and using the whites for frosting. [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Chicken

Mrs. Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2008
    We got our first egg on July 20, 08, and one a day for 2 weeks. Now they are laying 4 a day and most of them are double yokes.
    I have 8 hens and 2 roosters.
    What is funny is that one hen will sit on the nest and the others will stand or sit beside her and lay and she will take her beak and pull each egg under her.

They are so cute doing this. I even saw (we call her Ms. Skinny), walk up to the sitting hen and just drop her egg, no laying squawk or anything, and just walk off.

9. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    CONGRATS!! I cracked open a double-yolker last night! I've gotten 4 now. Enjoy!! [​IMG]

10. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    luckies my chickens have been laying for 2 weeks and i still havent had a double yoker

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by