Doves and parakeets and milo?

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Well, I picked up the wrong bag of bird seed. Actually, to be honest, I read the label wrong and figured I'd save a few bucks, plus it was only 35lbs vs 50lbs, which was easier for me to toss into the cart and then into the car, lol. Anyways, I get it home, tear the bag open, and it's basically a bag of milo, with a tiny amount of white proso, a few sunflower seeds and some other random junk. The parakeet seed that I had been purchasing was almost purely white proso, with some canary grass seed (which none of the birds ate) but it was $1.79/lb.
Anyways, can the doves and parakeets eat this milo junk, or should I just try to convince the wild birds that this stuff is nummy? I put some into the seed cups for the birds here, and, well, the parakeets are digging and digging and digging for the white proso, and the doves haven't touched it yet.

Quote:
I've seen larger doves (Ringnecks & Senegals) eat milo, but will bypass it when other seeds are available. I've yet to see a hookbill aside from a Quaker eat it.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom