Doves ...

OSUman

GO BUCKS
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Central Illinois
Hi I was offered some Doves and im not sure what i need to properly take care of them and what kind of coop/ loft/ aviary they would need any information would help.

Thanks

I was also offered a pair of white doves, the lady was getting rid of them bacause of health problems and she wanted to give them to me! I really want them, but I don't have ANY idea what to keep them in or what they eat or anything! I need a simple coop idea that can easily be built in a day! Any ideas?

Here's something that could be put together pretty quickly if you only have a pair.
pigeon%20lofts%20002.jpg

It's just an outdoor rabbit hutch
smile.png
You could make it however long you want, and break it up into smaller sections if you plan on breeding the pair. I don't really like those doors, because nervous birds could fly out more easily. We just haven't gotten around to changing them
tongue.png

For a larger number of doves, a loft might be a little more ideal than a bunch of cages everywhere. It's basically the same thing as a chicken coop, except preferably with an aviary.

You could try keeping them with the chickens. My friend has a rescue White Dove and he gets along fine with his chickens.

Well that's not my chicken pen! My chicken pen is HUGE! It has a roof and everything, but I think they might could get out of the wire! The wire is not chicken wire! It's hog panels and some other wire! I have 86 chickens in there. I would just put the doves in there to let them get some exercise! Then out them in the Chicken/rabbit hutch at night!

I raised collared doves, and I kept them in bird cages. I only had one pair, they had the biggest cage, and the babies once they were weaned I put them in separate cages.

Back
Top Bottom