Downsizing the flock... I’ve got some questions

In my experience, if you ever think, "is this a rooster?" It is. What an undertaking to process that many birds. I have three that really are just free-loading , and can't quite get the gumption to get it done.
Our hens tend to get a free ride once they stop laying. We have an old EE Who occasionally lays for a while and then stops for a long time. Every time we think she is done laying she surprises us. :lau

Where in Alabama are you, if I may ask. I am in New Orleans and would be interested in some hens if you are down sizing. What breeds are you looking to rehome?
Fayetteville/Sylacauga Alabama,
I have definite homes for all the large fowl... I have also found homes for all the bantams, but I can see if I can work something out, before I ask the person who is getting the birds, are you interested in the bantams?

Fayetteville/Sylacauga Alabama,
I have definite homes for all the large fowl... I have also found homes for all the bantams, but I can see if I can work something out, before I ask the person who is getting the birds, are you interested in the bantams?
Sorry, but we are limited in how many we can keep so all have lots of room and only keep large fowl. Good luck with your bantams, I know lots of people like them because they are just plain old cute.

Sorry, but we are limited in how many we can keep so all have lots of room and only keep large fowl. Good luck with your bantams, I know lots of people like them because they are just plain old cute.
Okay! The person who is buying them said “I won’t be off work until next week let me know if you still have them then” I will let them know!!

1D4C55BE-D6D4-4173-AC7A-F91E9106C3B0.jpeg
Our mascot Cocky the gamecock!

Just in case I didn’t specify the breeds I’m keeping....
3~ Easter Eggers
4~ Red sex links
3~ blue orpingtons
1~ RIRXBO rooster
1~ barred rock
1~ btb Japanese bantam
1~ bantam EE
1~ black sex link
1~ RIRXBO chick (Nancy)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom