Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde bird

I just tried holding all the birds and then holding him last even though he didn't want me to pick him up. He relaxed when I pet his comb and neck, when I stopped he bit me but it didn't hurt so I picked him back up and fed him a snack. They are acting peaceful at the moment. Also last night I put a bit of salt in their water a teaspoon to a gallon and have been giving him extra protein snacks like dried bugs sunflower seeds and peas. I read lack of salt and protein make roosters aggressive. I hope I'm finding good advice because what he eats they all eat. Could there be other reasons for agressive behavior? like the coop is new to them about a week, and we are near a busy street they are getting used to the night temp and street noise. They hear sirins, dump trucks, loud cars, as well as cats and raccoons prowling at night. Could he be grumpy from not enough sleep? If he remains agressive I won't be able to re-home him to someone that won't just throw him in a stock pot. Also my hens are all twice his size could he be over compensating?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom