Drainage ideas for duck pools needed!!!!!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Well I currently have 2 small kiddie pools for my 3 ducks, but I like to spoil them, so i would Like to get them a larger pool. I was thinking about getting one of those bi ones with the slide built in LOL.

But, I have some back issues, and lifting these smaller kiddie pools to drain is hard enough on my back.

So does anyone have any drainage ideas for their pools thatthey would like to share? That way I dont have to harm my back but the pool gets drained when it needs cleaning.

Search for "Rain Barrel DIY" (w/out quotes) and you'll have idea's galore.
ya.gif

Take some pvc pipe and fittings and a pvc ball valve and plumb it like you would a drain for a sink. Sandwich 2 couplings (with a short peice of pipe between them) one in the pool and one underneath the pool and glue together, add a 90 (elbow) and add enough pipe to get past the side of the pool, add the ball valve and trench out under the pool so the pipe fits in the trench and the pool is still flat on the ground. You can drain whenever you want!

pieces from HD and/or Lowe's - also need to get rubber washers to sandwich on either side of the pool when putting it together.
P1020680.jpg

A goes on the inside on one end of C - with a washer between A and the pool.
B goes on the outside of the pool on the other end of C - with a washer between B and the pool.
D is the cap/plug. Unscrew when I need to drain.

I used a dremel to cut a hole as close to the size of the pipe (C) as I could. I made it a little small and then trimmed as needed to get a very tight fit and then the washers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom