drake and ducklings

someguyhere

Chirping
Sep 6, 2016
why is my drake so mean to the ducklings? they are only a couple weeks old but we are about to have a bunch more so I have been trying to introduce them to prepare for the summer and he is not having it at all. the females are better with them but now they are starting to get mean wich is kinda funny to me because i figured after spending time with them they would get more used to them but its like they are getting meaner. should I just be more patient and let them get bigger so they can hold their own? our drake is pretty big and even if Im around he will attack them and he has even started coming after me. is this normal because of the season? he has become very aggressive since they started mating and laying eggs. prior to this they have been all very loving ducks who would hang out with me in the yard and sit in my lap

Way too early to be introducing a couple of week old ducklings to a flock including a drake. It is mating season and just not a good idea to introduce them yet. Wait until they are bigger and can hold their own.

thanks for the reply. I figured. everything i read says the same but I was hoping for the best I guess. hahaha.

Way too early to be introducing a couple of week old ducklings to a flock including a drake. It is mating season and just not a good idea to introduce them yet. Wait until they are bigger and can hold their own.

1f44d-1f3fb.png
If you dont do this... you will very well end up with dead ducklings

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom