Drake Behavior Question

ONE nice thing they get over it. Last year one of my broodies was a mama so I don't feel so bad for her. My other 3 haven't ever been mamas but I have 16 chickens and am not ready for any more. I just hate they are missing their summer vacation. I also have 2 -11 yr old Muscovy broody and they don't have eggs either.

ONE nice thing they get over it. Last year one of my broodies was a mama so I don't feel so bad for her. My other 3 haven't ever been mamas but I have 16 chickens and am not ready for any more. I just hate they are missing their summer vacation. I also have 2 -11 yr old Muscovy broody and they don't have eggs either.
They are broody at 11 years old? Wow! If there was a way to ensure they only had girls, I'd be all for it! 😂

Me too. But being I have 1 Muscovy drake and believe me he is enough I can't let my girls hatch. They have all been mamas so I don't feel so bad.
Yes they are broody at 11 yrs old. I would have thought they would be in henopause by now my 14 yr old went through it about their age.

Me too. But being I have 1 Muscovy drake and believe me he is enough I can't let my girls hatch. They have all been mamas so I don't feel so bad.
Yes they are broody at 11 yrs old. I would have thought they would be in henopause by now my 14 yr old went through it about their age.
I just can't believe they are still laying at this age!

My porch girl is limping a bit today, so I'm glad I didn't put her back out. I'm gonna give her a day or two to see if it improves, and if not, it looks like we're in for another round of antibiotics. Sigh.

I am amazed too. lol I was so hoping this year they would just enjoy their summer and not be bothered with laying and brooding.

Aww I hope it's not going to set her back and just a few more days of rest will help.

They're not ready for retirement just yet... 🤣

Me too. The drake is driving her crazy, so I'm hoping it's something minor. I may need to separate her again with some hardware cloth - it's too hot for the dog crate unless I bring her inside. She still has some fluid on her foot, but it's gotten much smaller. She started limping last night, and she's not limping as bad today, but she holds it up when she stands still.

Back
Top Bottom