Drake feather at 6 weeks! No!

One of my drakes had a curl like that super early... holding out hope it isn't for you tbough:fl
I appreciate (very much!) Your support, but I think it is a boy curl (but bad pictures, which don't show it clearly). I'll keep taking pictures of him :) as he grows... I think of it as moral support for those who come looking for this in the future.

It looks so much like my boy (his dad's) curls. I am just surprised because his dad didn't have a curl until he had fully feathered out as a boy. I was gobsmacked when I saw it... But I will make peace with it... His dad is a sweet little momma's boy (me!) So hopefully he will be too.

On the bright side... Drakes don't crowd like a rooster, so at least I won't have noise issues. (My neighbors are far enough not to hear ducks, and the area wooded enough that anyone who hears will think it is a wild bird)

I appreciate (very much!) Your support, but I think it is a boy curl (but bad pictures, which don't show it clearly). I'll keep taking pictures of him :) as he grows... I think of it as moral support for those who come looking for this in the future.

It looks so much like my boy (his dad's) curls. I am just surprised because his dad didn't have a curl until he had fully feathered out as a boy. I was gobsmacked when I saw it... But I will make peace with it... His dad is a sweet little momma's boy (me!) So hopefully he will be too.

On the bright side... Drakes don't crowd like a rooster, so at least I won't have noise issues. (My neighbors are far enough not to hear ducks, and the area wooded enough that anyone who hears will think it is a wild bird)
I still don’t really think it is a drake curl but I do think you have a drake. Not only does he sound like he is becoming raspy, he has a blue bill and dark, solid feathers above his tail. This is a dead giveaway for Khakis.
B87B419F-4438-406F-9FB9-50B5B404A514.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom