Drake feather at 6 weeks! No!

Aug 17, 2020
Quebec, Canada
IMG_20230412_202440_291.jpg

Say it isn't so!

They were born March 3, it is April 12 and I think I already have a drake feather!

I thought it was a broken feather but tonight it looks curly. My baby is too young for this!

(Both parents are Khaki Campbell)
IMG_20230412_203011_369.jpg

Looks like a drake feather to me, can I see the whole duck though? It is pretty young for one
Thank you for agreeing ! It is too young :) I am not ready for this (I want to stay in the duckling stage, before the hormones start ;) )

I'll bring back new pics when I go shut off the light to put everyone to bed.

Oh my! Another boy! I am going to have to build a drake house. (Should I paint it boy colors :) ? )

Thank you for agreeing ! It is too young :) I am not ready for this (I want to stay in the duckling stage, before the hormones start ;) )

I'll bring back new pics when I go shut off the light to put everyone to bed.

Oh my! Another boy! I am going to have to build a drake house. (Should I paint it boy colors :) ? )

Why not paint it fun colors! Doesn't necessarily have to be boy colors, just joyful ones!

That does not look like any drake feather I have ever seen on my drakes. It is too high on the tail.
Mine get theirs pretty high up though, plus there are usually 2 or so and the one I see looks like the first one that never fully curls. Next would be a really sharp curl that would be the telltale sign. Gotta see the whole duck, though, and maybe try and hear him/her to see what she sounds like, too. I like to sex based on that, first.

Back
Top Bottom