Drake flew away and my runner ducks are now super depressed

We had the drake for about 6 months. The runner ducks were 1 week old when he was born so they kinda grew up together. I have tried to bring the runner ducks inside and they are still very loud and won't eat anything. I was outside when I saw the drake fly away and imidialy the runner ducks started freaking out. I have given them food and water but they won't eat anything. They do drink though. Usually they are great eaters and are not picky at all.

I know you're fretting about your ducks, but I just wanted to say that I think you're a very good duck owner for being so concerned about them. You're obviously taking people's advice, and the fact that you repeatedly took your injured drake to the vet, shows your dedication to your animals. I'm glad to see it, sometimes I get sad when people don't give a thought to their birds, or when they ask for advice and then don't take it. I hope you find a solution.

I know you're fretting about your ducks, but I just wanted to say that I think you're a very good duck owner for being so concerned about them. You're obviously taking people's advice, and the fact that you repeatedly took your injured drake to the vet, shows your dedication to your animals. I'm glad to see it, sometimes I get sad when people don't give a thought to their birds, or when they ask for advice and then don't take it. I hope you find a solution.

X2

Wish I could help, but I haven't had that issue... my Calls are imprinted and keep their flights in our yard...

Good luck and hope it works out... :hugs

I actually tried the mirror and about an hour later they started eating!!! They are still really loud but I'm just glad that they stopped starving them self!!!! Thank you so much for advice!

I actually tried the mirror and about an hour later they started eating!!! They are still really loud but I'm just glad that they stopped starving them self!!!! Thank you so much for advice!
wee.gif

Awesome news... My Runners can be loud too they just love to chatter. Hopefully your 2 will settle down some now that they feel safe with the mirror for company..

My ducks had to learn to fly and work up their muscles, so basically for about 1-2 months, I already knew they were practicing. I'm surprised your duck was practicing/flying in such a way as to get a long distance without your knowledge.

It was when she flew her longest distance yet, out of sight of her friend and I saw how distressed he was, that I knew she was getting the hang of it so I clipped her wings.

Back
Top Bottom