Drake running at me!

Chris-n-Kate

Songster
Mar 13, 2019
I got 4 ducklings this summer. They have not liked me ever, they’ve run away from me even if I have treats! Two ended up being male. I took one out shortly after they got to sexual maturity, and ever since then the remaining drake puts his head real low and runs at me when I go to put food or water in the pen. He turns and runs away right before he gets to me. Is he trying to attack me?

Very natural behavior he is being Mr Macho! As long as he stops and doesn’t make contact I’d just ignore him or you can also begin to start being being Mr Macho to him by coming at him acting like your going to pick him up. One of my Muscovy drakes when I would walk into their pen and turn to leave I would hear him walking super fast behind me the. I’d turn around and he stop in his tracks and look around like what. It was quite funny.

I had a boy duck and he would like to sit on my lap, and he would chase away chickens that would like to hang out, any how do you show fear to your male duck, try picking him up anytime he comes toward you, soon he will stop unless he wants to be held. ducks may pinch bite you, some times it is a love bite, some times not, but keep your nose/face away from his beak.

One of my Muscovy drakes when I would walk into their pen and turn to leave I would hear him walking super fast behind me the. I’d turn around and he stop in his tracks and look around like what. It was quite funny.
My black runner, Bill does this all the time. You’re right, that “what? I’m merely standing here” look is priceless!

Also the same male would get jealous of a rooster's tail, and try and pull it out, because the best he had was a curl. The drakes I had alway wanted to mate with a chicken hen.

Back
Top Bottom