Drake running at me!

I experience the same behavior with one of my drakes. Every time I turn to walk out of the pen he puts his head low to the ground and gives a quick charge. Does the same thing with the dog (fence separating). Never had actual contact... but he was always the one to bite while being handled. I just ignore it/step towards him while he does so, essentially calling his bluff.

Surprisingly he always is the most aggressive towards non-ducks but he has never seemed to be the alpha in my flock. The alpha seems to understand a losing battle.

My Leonard does this, sometimes he stops in his tracks with the clueless look but last spring he actually nipped my calf and it actually hurt. So I held him down and tapped the back of his head until he finally gave in and was being nice again. He is normally very sweet and social UNLESS he is hormonal and then he thinks he is the s**t

My Leonard does this, sometimes he stops in his tracks with the clueless look but last spring he actually nipped my calf and it actually hurt. So I held him down and tapped the back of his head until he finally gave in and was being nice again. He is normally very sweet and social UNLESS he is hormonal and then he thinks he is the s**t
Interesting never had a duck bite itself hurt. The claws on the other hand have done damage when I pick them up poorly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom