Drake?

badhabitz98

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2013

Does anyone see any drake feathers on any of these? They've seemed like females to me the whole time I've had them but I noticed my Muscovy drake went insane and was constantly picking on one when they matured. I got rid of the Muscovy thinking he had just lost his mind lol! I went out this morning and found one of the Pekin ducks dead in the pool. Looked like her neck was broken. I've heard of drakes getting aggressive during mating sometimes and can do that. I stare at those tail feathers all the time and these ducks are right at a year old. I have yet to see a true drake feather. Am I missing it? Or do I just have a mean girl? I have seen one of the ducks get on top of the others in the pool but I haven't seen any actual mating. Maybe I'm missing that too, but I'm pretty familiar with hens and roosters so you would think I would catch it. Who knows. What do you guys think?

That's what I thought. Grrr! I got rid of the other bully and now I have to figure out which one it is because they all look the same. Lol!

I just put some leg bands on the deck so I have them within reach next time I see it happening. She may end up as Sunday lunch. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom