Dreaming at the Meyer hatchery website today

I went through Murray and ordered:

5 Sultans (straight run)

6 black tailed white Japanese (straight run)

15 easter eggers (straight run)

6 cuckoo marans straight run as well

and their free mystery roo

where these 30 odd chicks are going to go until they grow out is a mystery...

I'm ordering from Meyer for end of April delivery. My first chickens ever and I'm so excited.
wee.gif

Here's what I'm getting - all girls because I don't think my neighbors would appreciate the crowing:

1 Barred Rock
1 Black Australorp
4 Easter Eggers
2 Buff Brahma
2 Columbian Wyandotte
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
2 Golden Campine
1 Brown Leghorn
1 White Sultan (my son wants a Silkie and this is the closest I can find)

I change my order every day but I think I'm all set now. Until I get the call that I have to make a change due to no girls being available.

I love, love, LOVE my Meyer red sex links. They are the sweetest, calmest birds I've ever had. Right now they're laying super jumbo eggs all through the winter. Just to give you all more food for thought! :)

Jeez, I shouldn't of looked at this thread. I was just gonna get Buckeyes. I guess I will have to do some more research...Hope the chicken math doesn't kick in too bad. This will be the first time in years I've had chickens. Looking forward to getting started.
celebrate.gif
Only had them once since I was a kid, and that was just some to raise to butcher, so we didn't have a real coop. Just a spot in the shed. Wish we stil lived there. Had 11 acres. But this place will work well too.

Deb

Jeez, I shouldn't of looked at this thread. I was just gonna get Buckeyes. I guess I will have to do some more research...Hope the chicken math doesn't kick in too bad. This will be the first time in years I've had chickens. Looking forward to getting started.
celebrate.gif
Only had them once since I was a kid, and that was just some to raise to butcher, so we didn't have a real coop. Just a spot in the shed. Wish we stil lived there. Had 11 acres. But this place will work well too.

Deb
I currently have 9 adult hens. Five (1 White Rock, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Welsummer) will be two years old in the spring of 2013, Two Easter Eggers just turned 1 this December and the other two are the remaining Freedom Rangers from my spring of 2012 order. I ordered 8 new chicks for the spring of 2013: 2 Silvergrey Dorking, 2 Silver Laced Wynadotte (sp?), 2 Silver Cuckoo Maran and 2 Astrolop. I know that my coop should only house 8 - 10 mature chickens, but MPC's minimum order for my area is 7. So, my dilemna is that by winter of 2013 I need to rehome or reduce my flock from 9 adults and 8 juveniles to a maximum of 10. I know I have the resolve to butcher the Freedom Rangers, and think I have a customer for three of the babies, but will have some hard decisions to make regarding the rest. The Welsummers dropped way back in egg production this fall, but just after I put the order in for more chicks, they came back on line just to make life more difficult for me.
hu.gif

I called Tractor Supply today. They told me the hatchery they use. I will call them tomorrow to see about small orders. I only plan on a few to get started. Thinking now I will go with RIR's for the large eggs and being a tad noisy. We live in a rural area pretty much. Not a subdivision. But I also want to get some good chickens for meat. Not too sure what kind....

Deb

I started adding to my cart back in September. I didn't actually check out until just before the New Year. I spent a lot of time on there daydreaming in between! Actually, I spend a lot of time on there daydreaming now, looking for what I may want to expand with next year. Now I want to go on their site again!

I love, love, LOVE my Meyer red sex links. They are the sweetest, calmest birds I've ever had. Right now they're laying super jumbo eggs all through the winter. Just to give you all more food for thought! :)
So glad you said this... I changed my order (surprise) and dropped the one Columbian Wyandotte and added a red sex link. Also couldn't get the Buff Brahma which I wanted so much but switched to the BO. Oh yeah, couldn't get the White Sultan so got a White Rock.
Thank goodness i finally ordered; I was beginning to annoy myself at how many times I was on that site
Already have a list of what I will order next time
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom