1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dreaming at the Meyer hatchery website today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jtbrown, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I was at work between patients and daydreaming of the 2012 addition, here goes, all girls except one

5 barred rocks
    10 production reds buff something or another
    3 lakenvelders
    3 buckeye
    3 Cochin or Marans
    1 rooster

I don't have any barred girls and we looooovvvvveeee the production reds we have for those eggs, the rest are adding eye candy to the flock. Also may pick up some bantums.
    Anyone else fill their cart and not really order yet?

2. mammat

mammat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    columbus ohio
    I already ordered!
    1 buff orp
    1 blue cochin
    2 barred rocks
    1black copper maran
    1 welsummer
    1 light brahma
    1 delaware
    and 4 more I can't remember:)

3. ssellis

ssellis Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    South Carolina
    Ive got order in there too,just not completed yet. travel fee higher than cost of chicks

4. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I am thinking road trip, less than 2 hours, great way to catch up with a friend on a day off.

5. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Already ordered also for April.
    1 BLRW
    1 Welsummer
    2 Black Australorps
    1 Salmon Faverolles
    All girls.

5 setting EE eggs also!!!

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I want to order SO BADLY, but alas.....I have no more room at the inn.........[​IMG] Maybe just a few?......NO, NO! THERE IS NO ROOM AT THE INN! [​IMG]

7. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Quote:There's always room for just 1 more........it's just 1, go ahead and do it [​IMG] But you know, if you're going to get just 1 you might as well get him/her a buddy too, but I don't want to talk you into getting something you really don't want......

8. Quote:There's always room for just 1 more........it's just 1, go ahead and do it [​IMG] But you know, if you're going to get just 1 you might as well get him/her a buddy too, but I don't want to talk you into getting something you really don't want......

And of course you CANT order just 2. not allowed to, have a minimum of 3 chix order. so now you got 3 new babies! and three is an odd number, so one will be left out and lonely, so you better order your increments of 3 until they come out to an even split, so they all with have a buddy. hmmm..... 3,6,9,12... that's it! you must order an even dozen to get 6 pairs of buddies!!!!!

now which 12 will you be chooooosing???? [​IMG]

9. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    My wish list:

2 Buff Orpingtons (Both Hens)
    2 Blue Splash Marans (1 Hen 1 Roo)
    2 New Hampshire Reds (Both Hens)
    2 Delawares (Both Hens)

I WISH.....

10. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Quote:There's always room for just 1 more........it's just 1, go ahead and do it [​IMG] But you know, if you're going to get just 1 you might as well get him/her a buddy too, but I don't want to talk you into getting something you really don't want......

And of course you CANT order just 2. not allowed to, have a minimum of 3 chix order. so now you got 3 new babies! and three is an odd number, so one will be left out and lonely, so you better order your increments of 3 until they come out to an even split, so they all with have a buddy. hmmm..... 3,6,9,12... that's it! you must order an even dozen to get 6 pairs of buddies!!!!!

now which 12 will you be chooooosing???? [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OH and lets not forget Meyer has the Meyer meal maker free chick with any order. That means you have to order more so it wont be lonely.

I already ordered. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by