Dreaming of Happy Animals

Cjthane

Hatching
Jan 3, 2016
Hi-
We've had our chickens in an enclosed coop and run for about two years now (except for our one surprise baby who is only three months old). i'm looking at opening the run during the day sometimes to help scratch up the garden and veggie patches that I'm rotating. And also to help get our ridiculous amount of flies, grass hoppers and crickets under control! (There are so many where we stay at the moment that that you cant get insect bait at any stores! They cant get stock in fast enough!)
The bunnies and chickens stay together - So I will have to keep the bunnies under control. But do you have any idea how to introduce the free birds to our dogs? (The dogs are normally on te other side of the property - but I'd rather be safe than sorry incase the kids leave a door open somewhere...
Any suggestions?

Only way to avoid tears would be to fence off your chickens n rabbits from your dogs. In the short term they will at least be able to familiarise themselves with each other.

Ct

The way that our house is situated on our property, it divides it in two with a huge boundary wall all around. I don't encourage the dogs to go into the back at all (where the run is) there is a small fenced area on the side (about one meter wide) that they could see each other through.

Back
Top Bottom