Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Glad to hear you are getting some corn; too bad you have to race the deer to harvest any for yourself!

I MAY get a few more tomatoes this year. But, I've already pulled everything out except the tomato plants and a few honeydew plants that I know aren't really going to produce melons. The plants are still flowering, so maybe , just maybe, with the crazy, hot September weather something will happen.

I have pulled almost everything as well, I have 2 acorn plants (with 1 squash each), 1 tomato and a jalapeno plant. Otherwise everything left out there stays (rhubarb, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)

Hot and muggy today, such strange weather. I wonder if we will even get a frost before Oct this year? A little rain would be nice, but I think I will have to water.

My oldest is going to my parents for the weekend to work for them to earn some money for her choir's trip to Chicago in March ;) so with just the youngest we might have to find something fun to do. Maybe Duluth's zoo?

Enjoy your day everyone

Half way through September and no frost yet. unheard of. I am not complaining.
Lisa, nice of you to fatten up those deer.
Our doe hasn't showed up again.
there is corn field all the way to the woods. maybe she doesn't want to come through it.
the squirrels are harvesting the apples and walnuts. they store some of them in the pine trees. It looks like bright green Christmas balls all over in the pines.

We are seeing a few big bucks on the game cameras, so hopefully one goes in the freezer. We have quite a few does and their fawns. They are enjoying the acorns this year. There are lots of them. I'm predicting a hard winter.

We are seeing a few big bucks on the game cameras, do hopefully one goes in the freezer. We have quite a few does and their fawns. They are enjoying the acorns this year. There are lots of them. I'm predicting a hard winter.
I don't know whether to love this or not! Yippee on the bucks/does/fawns but NOOO on the hard winter. We have also seen a lot of bucks on the game camera and lots of acorns, I did gather some for my daughter to put in her fairy garden.

I do agree though, I do think that a hard winter is coming, both with the cold and the snow. I am not looking forward to it with chores but I do like to snuggle under the covers with tea and a good book/movie. The kids like to be out in it, no matter what the fun is.

I just think the weather all around has been crazy this year....lots of bees this fall too

I don't know whether to love this or not! Yippee on the bucks/does/fawns but NOOO on the hard winter. We have also seen a lot of bucks on the game camera and lots of acorns, I did gather some for my daughter to put in her fairy garden.

I do agree though, I do think that a hard winter is coming, both with the cold and the snow. I am not looking forward to it with chores but I do like to snuggle under the covers with tea and a good book/movie. The kids like to be out in it, no matter what the fun is.

I just think the weather all around has been crazy this year....lots of bees this fall too
I love winter up until The middle of January. Bees, hornets and wasps have all been frantic this year. Makes me wonder what they know about the upcoming winter. Hopefully not one of those -40 below winter. I don't like trudging out there to feed critters when it gets so cold. This has been a very weird weather year.

I love winter for about one real snowfall; then, I'm over it. Don't like being cold for months or having to do chores in frigid weather. I've been stocking up on books to read when it's too cold to do anything outdoors.

My sister left yesterday, and we were able to check a few things off my "summer" to-do list, including painting the remaining unpainted piece of fiber cement siding on the garage. First, we tried the metal ladder -- too short. Then, we eyed the 12-foot wooden ladder -- too hard to remove from overhead storage and way too heavy to want to move.

Finally, she had the smart idea of backing the pick-up truck up to the garage and standing the ladder in the bed. I, who HATE heights, then climbed up the ladder and painted at the top of the gable.

The crazy weather is continuing with a prediction of 90 degrees next week.

How are those car repairs going, Anjanet?

Ladder in a pick up bed?! My hubby has done that before, me no way, nope, ain't happening. I do not do ladders, at all.

Car repairs are going good. Got the heads out and will be dropping them off with a guy hubby knows to fix them, then back to us for cleaning and putting back together. Truck is done just needs an alignment, we did brakes and brake lines and some front end parts. The truck we have been working on for a few weeks.

I get hollered at when I go up a ladder.
what I never liked was that the longer the ladder is, the heavier it is.
I have put the ladder into the tractor bucket a few times. I have worked off of scaffolds in the back of my pickup truck, too.
today we went to Sally's and picked about a bushel of assorted apples.
4 different kinds. all organic and worm free. she makes some sort of bug trap with banana and vinegar .
on our way home we stopped at Schmidt's bar/ballroom for a beer and bbq. I was so dry I was spitting dust.
tomorrow is our 59th anniversary.
A guy at the bar said, wow, with just one woman. I said, who said there was just one ?

Back
Top Bottom