Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Well, Lisa, what's the new puppy's name ?
Annie's heart device replacement went well
yesterday. she is well and in no pain..
She has to take it easy for a couple of weeks.
it is raining here. started on Valentines day.
imagine that..
I am sketching things I want to build
once I get into the wood shop as soon
as it warms up a bit.

I guess I'm not loved as much as I thought I was. No pup yet. I'll have to find one on my own, but he's driving me there. He owes me that. :lol:

Good to hear Annie is doing well Jim. I've been scheming here too on what I want to do this year. I better keep it on paper for now as I change my mind often.

I hope I do better at choosing what to plant in the veggie garden than I've done in trying to decide if and what chickens I might want to add. I lost three last year, so I COULD get a few chicks this spring. But, I've flip-flopped so many times already on what breed(s) to get.

Hope Annie continues to do well, Jim , and that you get your sketches done. Keep working on getting that pup, Lisa! My household is incomplete with at least one dog.

Two unhappy discoveries yesterday: the Overhead garage door stopped working again -- which seems to be an annual event -- and despite my best efforts, the bark was stripped from all three of my young apple trees. Looks like I kept the rabbits out from the ground but maybe squirrels dropped in from above. I give up. I'll buy apples at Aldi this year.

good morning , overcast here.
Annie is doing well. but as usual, she does not
like to follow post op directions. You know,, those
directions are for other people..
Buff Orpingtons are my go to choice. Barred Rocks
are nice, too.. can't beat Cornish X for meat..
I don't have any luck with starting apple trees either.
For two years I have been trying to get a "park" area
going . so far all I have had any success with are grapes
and rhubarb. the cherry, pear and apple trees fizzled..
the special grapes I bought didn't make it either.
elderberries are growing wild in the ditch, but I
can't get shoots to grow in a row..
I got a nice plum growing, but the old companion
plum tree blew over in a storm.

Yesterday was filled with a long list of disappointing events. Today is not starting out great either. When I called the goats for breakfast, only the two girls came out. I knew immediately that Bandit was dead; he never missed a meal.

Now, I have to find someone to help me move his body. Too heavy for me alone.

Yesterday was filled with a long list of disappointing events. Today is not starting out great either. When I called the goats for breakfast, only the two girls came out. I knew immediately that Bandit was dead; he never missed a meal.

Now, I have to find someone to help me move his body. Too heavy for me alone.
that is sad.
I hope he took care of the girls before he left .

Well, he was a wether when I got him, so he certainly couldn't "take care" of the girls that way.

I am down to two goats and one sheep; I have been reducing the herds by attrition. Once they're gone, I'm done. No more hauling hay, no more burying big pets. He was my oldest goat, and his lifelong buddy died last August.

Back
Top Bottom