Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

We got the dog poop picked up yesterday and today we will pick up sticks before that snow comes. Hopefully they are wrong.
I’m lucky Brew goes in the bottom of the yard in the brush piles or in the woods 😁 or he waits and goes on walks. It’s very convenient lol

And on topic… I got bored and impatient and…. :lau :oops:

AD7F1233-14EA-42C2-A9E9-06F0517460CF.jpeg
BFA9A23D-217D-4CE8-8E6D-2F18251AC96B.jpeg

I’m lucky Brew goes in the bottom of the yard in the brush piles or in the woods 😁 or he waits and goes on walks. It’s very convenient lol
at one time or another we had four adult
Maremmas, like the one pictured. None of
them ever pooped on the yard. they always
went far away across the field. I actually never
even saw any of them go poop or pee. males
nor females.. who knows? maybe they didn't...

at one time or another we had four adult
Maremmas, like the one pictured. None of
them ever pooped on the yard. they always
went far away across the field. I actually never
even saw any of them go poop or pee. males
nor females.. who knows? maybe they didn't...
I love neat dogs that go out of the yard like that hahah so convenient! 😁 I’m sure they must’ve gone or they’d likely die, right? Or have some serious constipation! 🤣😁

Depending on the weather some of mine have been known to do their business on the deck or right outside the door. They are primadonnas. Sometimes they do poop in the hay field.

@TheDawg peppers generally need 12 weeks I think, so you probably aren't too early. Those look like nice varieties.

Depending on the weather some of mine have been known to do their business on the deck or right outside the door. They are primadonnas. Sometimes they do poop in the hay field.

@TheDawg peppers generally need 12 weeks I think, so you probably aren't too early. Those look like nice varieties.
That’s good to know, thanks! I think I usually started them in March or sometimes April previously but we’ll see how they do a little earlier. And I thought so too and figured I’d try them all hahah

I absolutely hate pepper. :sick My mother would put them in everything when I was a kid. Big chunks. I never got over that. Husband likes them, but it's easier to just buy them here because they are hit and miss because of our weather. Some years apparently aren't hot enough for growing pepper. I would disagree. :lol:

I don't have any poop to pick up, but I have sticks
from this year and last year to pick up.
We didn't mow between the trees at all because
of all the fallen branches.
This year we found a young man who will help us
clean up the yard.
We can ride the mowers, but bending and picking
up sticks was out of the question with both of us
having hip replacements. I don't know if I will
be able to this year. will have to wait and see..
Annie got it into her head to roast a couple of
cornish hens. I dug a package of six of them
out of the freezer. somehow I don't see them
thawing out in time to cook today..
I'm very hungry right now. I don't think I can
wait that long..
I bought one of those reach grabbers at Wal-Mart and use it to pick up sticks. My back would not allow me to do all that bending. I am pretty good with it and it can be a satisfying way to spend an afternoon. That's code for it takes longer.

I absolutely hate pepper. :sick My mother would put them in everything when I was a kid. Big chunks. I never got over that. Husband likes them, but it's easier to just buy them here because they are hit and miss because of our weather. Some years apparently aren't hot enough for growing pepper. I would disagree. :lol:
I love them lol but yeah, it definitely depends. Our pepper plant last year produced one measly little tiny pepper. 🙄😭 I find mine do better in pots though for some reason. Every single ground one gets eaten up or doesn’t produce. Tomatoes could grow in concrete. :lau but the peppers for whatever reason just seem to be hit or miss. Mine usually like the cheap soil from a local discount store but it’s actually pretty good stuff in it. It’s just funny they like the cheapest stuff the best :lau

Back
Top Bottom