Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
Cast iron are so heavy. The 6 inch ones are probably not too heavy. I've seen them for sale at Fleet Farm.

They do say they are the best to cook in, but I've not gotten the hang of them. Seems weird to not clean your pan thoroughly. Plus with dog hair flying around the oiled pan would probably be fuzzy. :lol:

Tomato plants look okay, so no frost even though they were threatening it again yesterday. Put my cucumber seedlings out on the deck to start hardening them off.

It sounds like you are finally getting into gardening. I still don't have a tractor. I called again today. They never call back. I might just take a ride over there and take a look.
We have a large collection of cast iron pots and pans and griddles. We also have other pots and pans of the nonstick variety. Annie could supply four restaurants with cooking utensels.

woke up at four, got up at five. will need a nap by ten.
annual check up this morning.
He will ask me how I feel, shouldn't he tell me ?
Annie bought a post pounder. We have one, but it is a home made one and I can hardly lift it. It also has no handles on it. Besides, Dan put it away. I don't know where and he doesn't remember. Good enough for me, buy a new one.

Those post pounders are heavy. I don't think I could ever use one, even when I wasn't older and broken.

The rain and cooler temperatures have me staying in the house today.

I had to go down and get my blood pressure and blood checked. I had to start high blood pressure meds a few weeks ago.

I should probably change the title of this thread to "Two old people trying to garden". :old Might get more people to join in.

Good morning, other old person.
I think what happens is the automatic notification gets dumped and then people don't bother to check in.
My check up went OK. Dr prescribed muscle relaxers for my pinched nerve in my neck. I would rather have someone massage it.
I was on blood pressure meds. I didn't take it every day. some days I felt good, so I would just skip it.
Advice....Don't Do That .. I ended up with a massive heart attack..
Take your meds religiously..
Looks like another rainy gloomy morning.
the plum tree is dropping it's blossoms. I hope with the rain and cold, the bees did their job.
I haven't seen many bees so far.

Sorry you went through that Jim. I was feeling terrible with the high blood pressure, and feel much better being on the meds, so I definitely will keep taking it. I also have a high pulse rate. Scary stuff. I'm a type 1 diabetic so the risks of heart problems is already high for me. I'd like to hang around as long as possible. That's my plan. :)

I might go plant some green bean seeds today. Between the wet ground from all the rain and the predicted steamy temperatures over the Memorial day weekend I think they will germinate pretty quickly. Might stick those cucumber seedlings in the ground too.

Not sure if I would want to take muscle relaxers either. I have done massages in the past for muscle problems. I know you can get a massage that is just for the neck and shoulders.

I haven't seen many bees either. I have some tomatoes on my plants so they must be out there somewhere.

I was talking to a friend up in Eagle River. We decided the ground is still not warmed up.
I went and checked my little trees.
the two pears are doing fine. all the rest, apples and cherries, are just whips. all of the buds are black.
I think the frost got them. I hope they rally and send out new buds ??
Otherwise that is the end of five trees. Wait and see is all I can do.
I am not supposed to pick the rhubarb yet this season. but I figure if I take just one stalk from each plant, I can have at least one pie.
I have one grape vine that grew up to the top wire last summer. It has leaves all the way to the top.
If it does any growing, I will train the shoots along the horizontal wires. those will be the cordons where the grapes will set.

Back
Top Bottom