Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Barb, sorry to hear about your sister.
Hope she gets better soon.
Take a deep breath and plow on with your trip,. It will all work out OK.
Anjanet, I hope the dog's procedure takes care of it's eating problem.
I have not looked at my grapes for about two weeks or more. Annie keeps telling me that they are going crazy.
I should take some pictures. I should have taken before pictures.
I waited so long for my tractor to come home, and now I haven't even taken it for a ride, yet. That is going to change, now that I am getting caught up on my mechanic's job.
we have a big mess to take care of in the big lean to where I park the tractor. we want to make room for both lawn mowers and the rototiller for the winter storage
this spring all of our blackberries died off. but now they are sending up new shoots.
Yesterday , Annie went to our friend's house and picked enough raspberries for a pie.
she doesn't bake the berry pies.
she makes a corn flake crust, dumps the berries in and covers them with a lot of real whipped cream. Now, ask me why I am 50 pounds overweight..

this

Enjoy your trip Barb. Sorry about your sister, and the change of plans. I haven't been up north in decades.

Good luck with your dog dental Anjanet. I know how stressful those are. I started brushing my dogs teeth, and it's helped to avoid dental cleaning. Today is brushing day here. 7 dogs, line them up, and get brushing.

Sounds like a delicious pie Jim.

7 dogs! Amazing. The most we have had was 2. We have one dog, one cat, 8 hens, 5 chicks and 2 kids- more than enough for me!
Our usual number is around 5 dogs, but a few extra got slipped in there at some point. I probably shouldn't say how many critters I have. Although there's a lot less chickens these days at around 70.

@jvls1942 I hope you found your coffee filters.

I was at the store yesterday picking up some eye drops when this gentleman walks past and says "Hi, how ya doing?" and just then three items fell out of my cart. Just little boxes that slipped through the holes in the basket area. Laughing as I bent over to pick them up, I responded, "Just about like that! At least the weather is good."

I took a day off from mecnanicing.
went out and pruned the grape vines.
there is one bunch of grapes on one of the new vines. I suppose the birds will beat me to them.
the choke cherries are ripe.
the red squirrels are pulling the insulation out from the window AC.
I set a live trap. don't know what I will do with them if I catch them. can't kill them for doing that.

Wish it would stop teasing and rain already. Got our hay baled yesterday. So done with that for the year.

Jim maybe the squirrels know something we don't about the upcoming winter. Your insulation will keep his nest warm.

Back
Top Bottom