Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

to get bugs off of broccoli, mix up a bowl of cold water and add salt at the ratio of one teaspoon per cup of water. dip the broccoli head first into the water and swish it around a bit. in a couple of minutes the bugs will let go . take it out of the water and give it a good shake. to get the water out.
Still grosses me out knowing they were in there lol

Bad news yesterday about one of my senior cats. I noticed Sunday that he was drooling excessively. Vet said it's a tumor in his jawbone. Both his mother and his brother developed tumors in their heads, so I guess it's likely he's genetically inclined. The tumors grow very fast; part of his jaw would have to be removed to try to get the tumor. What kind of life would he have then?

Marco Polo was the first of the kittens -- 15 years ago -- to wander away from the bunch and explore, hence his name. He is a handsome black fellow and very sweet. I am giving him antibiotics for the infection and a something to reduce the inflammation and pain.

I will make him as comfortable as possible until he lets me know he's ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom