dreamt i had this 'bator.. thoughts??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pixie74943, Nov 2, 2009.

1. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Egg-Incubators-Manual-turn-with-fan-auto-temperature_W0QQitemZ250521753713QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Pet_Supplies?hash=item3a54429871

I
    was looking at this last night and I dreamt I had it [​IMG]

The hatch was going well until I realised I forgot to turn it on and all my chicks melted into yokey gooey yuckiness...

Anywho... does it look good?? I honestly dont know what to look for and when I eBay'ed incubators everything that showed up in Australia was roughly the same price (Around $200 Aussie Dollars). I figured if I was going to get one, this looked easy to use, and held up to 40 eggs (I cannot imagine a future where I would EVER hatch anywhere near that many, but it helps to be prepared :p)

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I have never seen that model before. Probably because I am in the U.S.A. I started with an incubator for about 40 eggs. Now I have 5 of them. We are planning to get one that will hold 270 eggs for the spring.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It seems like an awful lot of money to not have an automatic turner added, but where I am in the US I don't have a clue what incubators go for. As far as the brand goes too, I've never heard of it either. [​IMG]

Can you get Hova Bators or Brinsea's there in Australia? If so, I would personally look more along those lines.

4. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
  5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I have never seen that model before.

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Hovabators are more exspensive here... like $150-345 depending which model you get. http://www.brookfieldpoultryequipment.com/products.php?id=50

Got it! [​IMG] Like I said, I have no idea what incubators go for there and your $ value compared to ours is different too. This would really be a hard thing to judge for people who aren't in Australia.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by