Incubator Preference...I can’t decide!

Raeganmh02

Songster
Jan 26, 2020
I am wanting to buy an incubator so I can hatch my own chicks in the future. I have looked around, and found two different incubators I like. I am not sure which is better, or if there is another kind of incubator anyone would recommend. I have never used an incubator and I do not know a lot about them at all. Has anyone ever used these incubators for hatching? Are they reliable? Any opinions would be great!

Harris Farms Nurture Right Incubator 360 information:
  • AUTO-STOP: The Nurture Right 360 will stop turning eggs 3 days before hatch day.
  • AUTOMATIC EGG TURNER: Eases the incubation process and helps stimulate hen hatch for higher hatch rate.
  • 360 VISIBILITY: Clear top on incubator makes it great for educational observation.
  • 360 INDUCED AIRFLOW: The Nurture Right 360 provides optimal air circulation & temperature stability.
  • 22 EGG CAPACITY: This incubator can hold up to 22 chicken eggs, 12-18 duck eggs and 22-24 pheasant eggs.

Yescom 56 egg Incubator Temperature Control Auto Turning information:

• The transparent lid lets you observe the process of egg hatching
  • LED candling lamps enable you to quickly see the fertility of each egg and allow the removal of unfertilized eggs
  • Illuminate all the eggs at once by pressing one button
  • Intelligent integrated circuit control
  • LED display shows temperature, humidity, hatching day and egg automatic turning countdown time
  • Temperature and humidity alarm (if out of settled range)
  • Eggs turn automatically every 2 hours
  • Built-in fan circulate air-flow for even temperature and humidity
  • Adding water through water filling hole without having to unplug
  • Water bottle makes adding water convenient and accurate
  • Less noise and lower energy dissipation
  • Easy to clean
  • CE certificated
  • Perfect for home use or incubative lessons and demonstrations

Attachments

• 093B8626-B50F-44AF-A844-D9DE2D46E600.jpeg
    093B8626-B50F-44AF-A844-D9DE2D46E600.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 24
  • C3184E84-0620-439C-BE27-F41493D293B7.jpeg
    C3184E84-0620-439C-BE27-F41493D293B7.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
I am only planning on hatching a few once a year, so I am leaning a little more towards the Nurture Right incubator for that reason. It seems to get really good reviews.

NR 360! :)
Mine is amazing. I've had it for about a year now, and it's turned out many great hatches. It holds temp so well too.

Hi, raeganmh02
I had the same question at one time and did my research for quite some time before making the $ drop on a incubator I had a budget of $200 but didn’t want to end up wit a egg fryer or a newly found relationship with a customer service rep lol so I spent even more time researching till I felt comfortable and the end result was a NutureRight360 I now have 4 separate NutureRight360 units running all at the same time successfully and have had 28 separate hatches with amazing hatch rates I will tell you it is worth every penny when it comes to cleaning hands down compared to some of the others out there I have a couple different brands
Of incubators that I have received as gifts and let me tell you the time and research that is put in to the design of the NutureRight360 incubator is on point and I have and no problem with the settings it’s easy and comes with instructions that are clear step by step I’ve had incubators that come with no instructions and some that come with instructions in different languages and when it comes to putting it together the NutureRight360 shines again it is very quickly and easily put together and taken apart for cleaning some of the more expensive incubators don’t have the options and or technology this lil NutureRight360 incubator has surprisingly for example it has a automatic timer that stops egg turning at day 3 and has a quick drop in pull out style egg separating tray that you can remove in 1 second instead of having to open up the incubator and pick out 21 eggs separately and remove a big bulky egg turner quick tip with the NutureRight360 it’s not necessary to remove the egg separating tray I’ve had zero problem with it left in the incubator without removing it meaning I never had to open the incubator from start to finish witch some people say is key adding water to the NutureRight360 is a piece of cake compared to some of the other incubators I’ve had to deal with there are 2 separate water slots to fill A-B and They are super easy to fill with a clear eye view of water level so you don’t end up over filling witch is all taken for granted whit the NutureRight360 I’m telling you I spent $400+ on one 56egg incubator that I assumed did everything the NutureRight360 did and more right noooo I was wrong i had to plumb the water line
Through a worm gear to feed the incubator the water it needed and then they give you a perforated mesh cardboard insert that goes in to the water tray to help wick the water and create more surface area it was a headache trying to sanitize and wash cardboard lol the hole thing had flaws I still had to take the eggs out of the turning trays remove the trays and put them down on the hatching floor of the incubator by hand and that’s just the beginning of the problems I’ve had with one brand let alone the generic Chinese HHD brand incubators I have I like to say the HHD stands for (headache headache dead) I’ve done a lot of hatching and stand behind the NutureRight360 brand for convenience and reliability everything from temperature to humidity and environmental stability it’s there I have some incubator that you have to set the temperature alarm out of range on purpose so it dose not keep going off because the incubator can not keep temperatures in range and the alarm will keep triggering witch keeps you up all-night lol I payed double or triple the $ amount for the NutureRight360 then I did for some of the cheaper incubators I have
And I’m happy I did I have not modified or adjusted anything with this NutureRight360 incubator since I got it and TSC has a warranty up to 1 year and I have allready made y money back with all my incubator plus much more

If you have time check out my post I recently did and try and guess the breed of my chicken we are playing a guessing game and it’s my introduction to the forums hope I was of help with you making your selection on witch incubator to buy

Yes thank you so much! I actually haven’t purchased one yet. We have one that was given to us by a friend but the only thing we’ve hatched with it is some duck eggs and the hatching rate was pretty low. I will certainly purchase NatureRight360 when I decide to hatch this spring! Thank you for letting me know how yours did!

Back
Top Bottom