First time hatching - Nurture Right 360 Temp Question

I am on my second hatch in a NR360 and have been moving my thermometers around with varied results. I noticed that if I put my Govee in the very middle it averages 97 degrees. The inside ring around 98 and the outside ring 99.5. I had to set the incubator at 100.5 to get the 99.5. There is a difference when I lay them flat and stand on their side with the flat being a lower temperature.

My first hatch I only had the thermometers on the outside ring, but after looking over my records I see that the inside ring eggs had two late hatchers, one that never pipped another another that had a chick that kept flipping on its back. It survived but is much smaller than the other chicks. I wonder if the lower inside temp was the issue.

I am on my second hatch and have rotated the eggs between the inside and outside ring. I emailed the company to ask about this problem, but have not heard back. I don't know if I have a dud or am just too obsessed with the temp and should just let the incubator do its job.
I moved the inner ring eggs to the outer ring each time I candled so they all took a turn, I couldn’t see any difference at hatch between inside and outside rings.

I have NR360 and noted the same thing with differing temps and humidity when doing a calibration check.

Once I candled and removed any non-starters or quitters I moved eggs from the inner ring. I personally feel the eggs don’t turn as well in inner ring, but all of my eggs are large.

I have a NR360 too and just did my very first hatch. I just let the incubator do it thing. The first 2 days was the humidity a little low and gradually increased. I did not change the temperature since the hydrometer showed it to be higher in the incubator and the RH was displayed correctly. The humidity at lockdown was 65% and increased to 70% once the counter hit 00.

Back
Top Bottom