Incubator suggestions

Dr Evy

Bird Nerd
Premium Feather Member
Apr 12, 2021
Minnesota
Good morning friends,
As spring approaches so does the longing to hatch eggs! I feel it and I’m sure you all do as well. My old incubator has been slowly going off the deep end. Keeping it at the right temperature and humidity is an hourly hassle and quite frankly I don’t have the time to do it anymore. So I’m jumping in and buying a new incubator! I need your suggestions! I’m trying to keep it below $200. My first thought was the Nurture Right 360, because I’ve heard good things about it, but I wanted to check with all you egg-hatching nerds first to make sure I’m getting the best incubator.

Thanks in advance! 💚

Evy

Good morning friends,
As spring approaches so does the longing to hatch eggs! I feel it and I’m sure you all do as well. My old incubator has been slowly going off the deep end. Keeping it at the right temperature and humidity is an hourly hassle and quite frankly I don’t have the time to do it anymore. So I’m jumping in and buying a new incubator! I need your suggestions! I’m trying to keep it below $200. My first thought was the Nurture Right 360, because I’ve heard good things about it, but I wanted to check with all you egg-hatching nerds first to make sure I’m getting the best incubator.

Thanks in advance! 💚

Evy
My vote goes to the NR 360 hands down. It's my favorite even over my two Brinseas. I will add mine is the older model though with the full sized top.

Good morning friends,

Thanks in advance! 💚

Evy
the boxy styrofoam ones at rural king work ok. I have also had recent success with this model.this model

Attachments

• IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3158.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 9
My vote goes to the NR 360 hands down. It's my favorite even over my two Brinseas. I will add mine is the older model though with the full sized top.
Do they still sell that model? That’s surprising especially considering the price difference in Brinsea and Nurture right 360!

Hey @Dr Evy! I've been using THIS no-name Chinese incubator for a couple of years with excellent hatch rates. The temperature and humidity is best calibrated with a thermometer you trust, but it has temperature calibration in-built and once you know what the humidity offset is, keeping it at the correct value has been easy. I add water no more than twice a day i.e. in the morning when I wake up and at night before bed.
It also has alarms for low temperature and humidity that you can set to your preferred value. You can also set the maximum change the temperature is allowed to be changed with the + and - buttons, so that it doesn't get changed to a catastrophic value by mistake.
The build quality is good and the electronics are solid and well separated from the incubation chamber (I took it apart).
The only drawback is the cleaning after the hatch. I'm particularly meticulous about cleaning and there are some nooks and crannies that are difficult to get at. But I hacked together some tools to make it easy and it takes me 20 to 30 minutes to clean and disinfect the whole thing now.
All-in-all, it's one I can recommend for the price (about 80 USD). 😊

* Edit: added some feature details.

Attachments

• IMG20240219191135.jpg
    IMG20240219191135.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Do they still sell that model? That’s surprising especially considering the price difference in Brinsea and Nurture right 360!
I believe so. I just bought mine a couple years ago at tsc. Here's the difference. The new one with the smaller top of supposedly to give a better view. I just don't know if it's better, I've never used one. I have heard the old one is better though from several people.
Old one (the one I have)
Screenshot_20240226_133756_Samsung Internet.jpg

New one
Screenshot_20240226_133802_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah I was quite surprised too. The NR is just superior at holding temp and humidity than the two brinseas I have. Though I like and use them anyway.

I believe so. I just bought mine a couple years ago at tsc. Here's the difference. The new one with the smaller top of supposedly to give a better view. I just don't know if it's better, I've never used one. I have heard the old one is better though from several people.
Old one (the one I have)
View attachment 3757888

New one View attachment 3757889

Yeah I was quite surprised too. The NR is just superior at holding temp and humidity than the two brinseas I have. Though I like and use them anyway.
Better as in it works better? Maybe I’ll see if I can find the older one.

Back
Top Bottom