Drinking lots of water and pooping but not eating much

Did you recently give your hen Bread? I’ve noticed twice now this happens after eating bread.. it is also good to soak them in a bath of Epsom salts, along with the calcium or tums. You may try inserting your finger carefully to see if an egg is stuck, I have yet had to do this myself as after a couple of baths it works itself out, but just f.y.I.

Had she just been eating and drinking? Or is this before she had anything to eat and drink? If it's the latter, then she has sour crop. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
She’s been drinking a lot but not eating. Her crop was very squishy, so I watched a video on how to get rid of it, so I massaged her crop and she puked out a lot of liquid. I hope she felt a little relief after that. I’m keeping her separate from the others. She’s in a cage with water and some grit to eat. She’s still slow and sleepy after she puked, but I hope that at least helped a bit.

Did you recently give your hen Bread? I’ve noticed twice now this happens after eating bread.. it is also good to soak them in a bath of Epsom salts, along with the calcium or tums. You may try inserting your finger carefully to see if an egg is stuck, I have yet had to do this myself as after a couple of baths it works itself out, but just f.y.I
She did eat some bread like 4 days ago, so did the other hens, but the others are normal except her. I’ll try soaking her in water with Epsom salts like you said. She’s just very sleepy and moving slow at the moment. I put her in a cage with some water and some grit for her to hopefully eat.

Back
Top Bottom