Drinking set up for ducks

Welshman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
Panhandle Id
I'm planning my coop for my ducks. My ? is can I use nipples that connect to pvc pipe for water supple for my ducks? And what would be a clean solution for this if I can't use the nipples ? Thanks

I don't recommend nipples because they can't clean their nares that way. Frankly, with ducks there is no "clean way" to give them water! :p A water dispenser can work to give them a way to clean their nares without being able to step inside it, but trust me, some of them will find a way.

Diligence and daily water changing are the best ways to keep the water clean.

I would not use the nipples since ducks need to dunk their heads to prevent infections.

How about something like this?

This works for three Buffs.

This is for our nine Runners and one Buff. Works like a charm.

I think I have come up with a solution for my water. I have a 210 gallon water tough that I will filter the water using a pond filter system.This will get the water clean to drink and a place to swim for them.I may run this water from the filter to my aqua garden set up.We'll see

I think I have come up with a solution for my water. I have a 210 gallon water tough that I will filter the water using a pond filter system.This will get the water clean to drink and a place to swim for them.I may run this water from the filter to my aqua garden set up.We'll see

When you get it all set up please post pics so we can all see.

Back
Top Bottom