drivers ed instructor on cell phone while students are driving

toletiquesbysam

Songster
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
Nebraska
Am I wrong to be upset with this?? My DD said they about got into an accident today, you know how a semi truck when it turns comes into the other lane and their car was in the lane it was coming into. I said, what did the instructor say, she said Nothing, he was on his phone! I said What??????????? He was on his phone and said nothing about what happened, what you should do differently next time? She said Nope he didn't say anything! I said I'm calling the school, this is not right, she said No, then he'll know she said something and he'll fail her. I said No, he won't know it was your parent who called.
So I did, called the school and talked to the vice principal, told him I was paying those instructors to TEACH my child, NOT to have them talking on the phone, what kind of an example are they setting for the kids. She said he's always on the phone. I was Very Upset and still am!!

PLEASE call the school!
You could always report that you are a parent in the district and were beside them at a light and saw the whole thing...

Nice example for the teacher to be setting...gah!

Quote:
Exactly what I told the Vice Principal, Not right, the car should be a No Phone Zone, don't these people watch Oprah!??!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That right there would have me
somad.gif
. Not only is he inappropriate by talking on the phone with such a serious job, they know about it. I would keep at them!

I'd be pretty upset. Then I'd get real calm and rational, polite and courteous. And them I'd raise a huge alarm flag. Including a letter to the school, certified, and a letter to the local newspaper. That would be the beginning, anyway.

Quote:
He said he'd pass the information onto the Principal who is out today but will be back in tomorrow. The Vice Principal I spoke with said he does not work with the drivers ed program so he will only pass the information on to the Principal. She does not drive tomorrow, but does on Thur & Friday this week, so after she drives again, I'll ask her if he's still on the phone!

Quote:
That right there would have me
somad.gif
. Not only is he inappropriate by talking on the phone with such a serious job, they know about it. I would keep at them!

The daughter who is a student said that. Not the vice principal.

I'm going to see how this plays out before I take it farther, if stays off the phone while they are driving then he will have been told and is doing his job. If it continues with him on the phone, I will proceed with getting more parents involved and getting phone calls/letters, etc out to make it be a rule No Phones On in the vehicles!

Back
Top Bottom