Drooling Chicken

CHICKENLADY123

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
I have a hen that pretty much barfs clear liquid all over me whenever we pick her up. Actually she is only about two months old. Raised her from a egg. What is she doing ? Is it harmful to her ? Will it stop ? Gross !!!
barnie.gif

Grabbing her under her breast with two fingers between her legs to give support, other hand supporting her back. These chicks were raised from eggs in a segregated area. None of our chickens have any type of parasite or worms.

I had a rooster that we took to a show a couple months ago. When I held him to put his leg band on, he did the same thing. Fell on his side. Thought he was dead. Gave him a little water and time and he perked right up. I think I just have dramatic chickens. It is just really gross. We sold him, but this little hen is pretty. But if she is going to stay, the barfing has to stop.
he.gif

Eww...I've never heard of a chicken doing that.

I used to have a male parrot who thought I was his mate...Parrots feed their mates and chicks by vomiting up whatever they have eaten. This one thought that the best time to 'feed' me was when he was riding on my shoulder out in public...Yuck!

Back
Top Bottom