Drooling

MaggieRoss

Hatching
Apr 3, 2019
hi I’m new to raising chickens... in fact I just got my first three today. They are Silkies and came from Texas (to California), I noticed one was drinking a lot of water and then drooling a little
bit later that day when the package arrived. I think I’m just paranoid and they were in a box without food or water for about two days so please leave any tips or info. :)

Welcome to BYC. How old are the silkies? I am sure they are vety stressed from the shipping and being without water. I don’t understand why they didn’t have any thing, such as fruit or something to get some moisture from on the way. That doesn’t seem like a very good way to treat birds. Hopefully, if you offer plenty of fluids and electrolytes, they will recover from the stress. I would also make them a bowl of chicken feed with a lot of water, to get them eating. Let us know how they are getting along.

Welcome to BYC. How old are the silkies? I am sure they are vety stressed from the shipping and being without water. I don’t understand why they didn’t have any thing, such as fruit or something to get some moisture from on the way. That doesn’t seem like a very good way to treat birds. Hopefully, if you offer plenty of fluids and electrolytes, they will recover from the stress. I would also make them a bowl of chicken feed with a lot of water, to get them eating. Let us know how they are getting along.
They are around 5-6 months... they weren’t supposed to be out that long, the postal services messed up. They are doing fine now it just kind of freaked me out... thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom