Drop-offs (**New Pics on Pg 4!**) ***Homes Found for all!

Jessika try a short hair cat like this
look what I got for free on craigslist
IMG_0730.jpg

Last edited:
that picture made me cry. that sweet kitten reminds me of my cat i had to give away because my dad has alergies. arent you gonna keep any?

henmama2 that kitten is adorable!! how could anyone abandon that sweet lil boy in 20 degree weather. actually why abandon him in the first place?
barnie.gif
you are so lucky congrats
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Aww...you poor thing. You do something good and people look at you as if you're bad. But you did a great thing. All of my dogs and cats are rescues...I have a very patient hubby. Great job!

And Chevy girl...I am so glad that puppy found a home he was soo beautiful.

Quote:
It is true that younger animals at shelters do have a better chance at adoption, but sadly most shelters are full to capacity this time of year, and animals with an unknown history like this often get the lowest priority. I worked at a shelter, and couldnt stand it. Since then, I have had many animals dropped off, or brought to me by others where the animals were dropped off. I have stopped calling shelters for help, not only are they usually full, but I get soo much attitude, as if I am lying and its really my own animal I am abandoning. I cant stand thier attitudes any more. It is especially frustrating because I donate every year to a couple different shelters. Now, when an unwanted animal ends up at my door, I make the effort to find a new home for it myself. I am lucky in that my SI is also a caring soul, who wants to help in every way we can. He understands that I am some sort of needy animal magnet, and he accepts the temporary disturbances of our animal filled life.

I know that not everyone is lucky this way, and my heart and thoughts go out to everyone who has found themselves in this wrenching position. My primary solace is that at least the people who dropped them off, haven't hurt, drown, trapped, or otherwise done worse by the animals they were caring for. I don't appreciate them dumping the issue in my lap, but I guess it is better than the alternatives I witnessed working as a Vet assistant, and later in a shelter.

You did well by these unfortunates, and that makes you a wonderful person in my eyes!

Quote:
We had a similiar issue years ago, when my friend was working at a shelter, she often fostered dogs that were not healthy enough for adoption. She had a chainlink fenced yard, and lived along a fairly busy road. Usually when ever she would get a new dog, the local police and animal control would start getting calls and complaints about her and her abusive ways! All these people saw was the skin and bones, and scars etc. Fortunately animal control knew her really well, and was able to tell people these were rescued dogs, but for a while it was pretty frustrating for her.

Then after some strangers actually stopped thier car and confronted her in her own yard, yelling and calling the police and causing a big scene, we painted up a sign that was attractive, but said, "These Dogs are Rescued and Recovering!' and in smaller letters stated they would be available for adoption eventually, by calling the shelter etc. We also printed up a bunch of business card sized hand outs that stated the same thing, and she would give them out to anyone who was affronted or confrontational when she took the dogs out for socialization. (She is a very timid individual and was often afraid to speak up)

You could try doing that, having little hand outs, because I assure you it wont be the last time someone makes that mistake, and in all reality, as rude as they seem, they really are just animal lovers, too!

Good for you tho, and Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom