Drop-offs (**New Pics on Pg 4!**) ***Homes Found for all!

ChevygirlBeth

Songster
11 Years
Aug 21, 2008
The Hills of Eastern Ohio
Well, my DH and I spent this afternoon at a family gathering and we came home to three additional critters on our back porch. A puppy and two kittens. We have no idea where they came from. The dog doesn't have a collar or anything. He is very friendly and I would guess that he was used to being in a house since he tries to squeeze past me and get in my house. The kittens are friendly, so I'd guess they have been around people. I've checked with the closest neighbors and no one knows anything about them (we live in the country, so we don't have a lot of neighbors). I really think that someone must have just decided that our house looked like a good place to drop them off and leave them.
IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

They're cute and all, but it just bugs me that someone would just drop them off! We don't need or want any more dogs or cats at this point. I guess I'll give it a few days and see what happens...

Edited to add: I just peeked outside and one of the kittens is curled up and is sleeping on top of the dog - so I would guess they're all from the same home for sure.

Last edited:
I definitely sounds like they came from the same place, as they seem to be used to each other. Don't you just love how people automatically assume that you'll take care of whatever they don't want to take care of themselves?!?! They are adorable, if that's any consolation to you.
smile.png

sad.png
I hate when people do that. It seems so common now. I hate it, but at the same time, I think in some peoples minds, they are trying to give them a better home. I know a lot of people are losing their homes and I almost wonder if they aren't trying to scout out a new home for the animals where they might be accepted and loved and not brought to a shelter?

Here's the new stray someone left at our home. Hubby told the kids they could keep her so I'm taking her to get fixed. She's a sweetheart, the kids fell in love with her immediately.

Picture1467065.jpg

Picture1467060.jpg

They are very cute! It isn't fair that whomever dropped them off has put you in this tough position. I would be very tempted to keep them and my DH would be more than tempted to tell me NO! Don't get me wrong, we both love animals, but we just have too many to feed and care for already. All of ours except my chickens, are rescue.

Those beasts are so cute they would get adopted out of a shelter in no time at all. You shouldn't feel guilty about bringing them there, they have great potential. If they were old and not so cute they would have a harder time finding forever homes. Good luck!

We lived in the country and people would drop off animals all the time....that's how we got our pets mostly. It's a terrible thing to do. I don't know how they just leave domestic animals and sleep at night.
hu.gif

I cant tell you how many times I have come home to trip over a cage in the garage.

last tripping was 5 rabbits
That night I made a huge sign saying

Leave all unwanted pets here
tonights dinner will be: dumped animal of the day.

so far so good : nothing left to trip over.

Sounds cruel yes maybe but so be it, I cant afford to have my animals getting sick because someone feels where I live is the perfect place to dump their animals.

They're adorable!! I end up being the neighborhood drop-off too, since every knows I'm in vet school.
he.gif
You'd think they would also know I don't have TIME for any more animals!

Back
Top Bottom