Kitty troubles

She's going in today at 4:00. I didn't think this would be so hard, but I have never personally had to put down an animal that wasn't seriously/terminally ill. Apparently, it's a lot easier to do, if not less sad, when you don't have a choice. She's so freaking cute laying here in my office with me, but I know how fearful and stressed she can be too and I have to remember that this is probably going to end up being a relief for all of us. I am still going to have to comb through the house to find anywhere she may have peed or possibly drug poo with her paws.

My 11yo son is taking it pretty hard, he was just little when we got her and he bonded with her more than any of us (he used to run through the house dragging her toy and she would run after him for hours).

Thanks for the support everyone, I can tell you that having to cull some roosters is going to be a breeze after this.

Aww sorry. That sounds super stressful. And we had the same issue with the concrete. It was a nightmare trying to get it out when we moved. We STILL didn’t fully get it out despite trying like everything. I feel bad for the people that bought it. 😬
In case you ever deal with that again, or anyone else, this was the best stuff we found: https://www.shoplivepeefree.com/

They have a concrete kit. I had to use it quite a few times, but she had been peeing down there for goodness knows how long, I think if you use it right away (and have newer concrete) it works better.

I also use the automatic sprayer in the room where the litter boxes are and it helps a lot. It's also good to add to laundry if stuff's been peed on. I won't go as far as to call it a miracle product, but it's the closest thing we have found in our pee adventures (bonus, it has zero smell, you'd think it was plain water).

In case you ever deal with that again, or anyone else, this was the best stuff we found: https://www.shoplivepeefree.com/

They have a concrete kit. I had to use it quite a few times, but she had been peeing down there for goodness knows how long, I think if you use it right away (and have newer concrete) it works better.

I also use the automatic sprayer in the room where the litter boxes are and it helps a lot. It's also good to add to laundry if stuff's been peed on. I won't go as far as to call it a miracle product, but it's the closest thing we have found in our pee adventures (bonus, it has zero smell, you'd think it was plain water).
Thanks!! That’s very helpful to know!!! I would buy some and stick it in their mailbox if it wasn’t so expensive. :lau

She's going in today at 4:00. I didn't think this would be so hard, but I have never personally had to put down an animal that wasn't seriously/terminally ill. Apparently, it's a lot easier to do, if not less sad, when you don't have a choice. She's so freaking cute laying here in my office with me, but I know how fearful and stressed she can be too and I have to remember that this is probably going to end up being a relief for all of us. I am still going to have to comb through the house to find anywhere she may have peed or possibly drug poo with her paws.

My 11yo son is taking it pretty hard, he was just little when we got her and he bonded with her more than any of us (he used to run through the house dragging her toy and she would run after him for hours).

Thanks for the support everyone, I can tell you that having to cull some roosters is going to be a breeze after this.
:hugs :hugs :hugs I’m sorry

The pink pee is definitely bladder or kidney related, and they will go anywhere when this happens. You can get urinary tract medicine for cats from Amazon. It will help minor infections, but won't do much good I believe fir kidney stones or serious infections.

Back
Top Bottom