Kitty troubles

If you're willing to try a couple of more things, can you give her some plain yogurt with live cultures, she might have a good/bad microbiome imbalance. Also, would she tolerate an Epsom salt bath? Just like an inch deep so she can absorb some magnesium through her paws, she may have a magnesium deficiency esp if she's stressed, the cortisol would consume all the magnesium when she's stressed. Oh o r more thing, some dark meat turkey for tryptophan.

Last edited:
If you're willing to try a couple of more things, can you give her some plain yogurt with live cultures, she might have a good/bad microbiome imbalance. Also, would she tolerate an Epsom salt bath? Just like an inch deep so she can absorb some magnesium through her paws, she may have a magnesium deficiency esp if she's stressed, the cortisol would consume all the magnesium when she's stressed. Oh o r more thing, some dark meat turkey for tryptophan.
Appreciate the suggestions. I'm going to see what the vet says and if we can get her back to a stable point, I'll try some of those. She's a pretty picky eating so yogurt might be a tough sell with her. She'll probably eat the turkey (I know Maks will, but he's chill enough already 😂). I am just so tired of dealing with finding cat pee on stuff and my poor husband isn't a cat person (he actually really likes Dany) and is a total germaphobe, so it's stressful on all of us when this happens. I might try putting some Magnesium 7 in her food, I think catching her and putting her in water will just stress her out more.

Appreciate the suggestions. I'm going to see what the vet says and if we can get her back to a stable point, I'll try some of those. She's a pretty picky eating so yogurt might be a tough sell with her. She'll probably eat the turkey (I know Maks will, but he's chill enough already 😂). I am just so tired of dealing with finding cat pee on stuff and my poor husband isn't a cat person (he actually really likes Dany) and is a total germaphobe, so it's stressful on all of us when this happens. I might try putting some Magnesium 7 in her food, I think catching her and putting her in water will just stress her out more.
My hubby is the same way! Lol he nearly lost his mind when I had a loose cockerel recovering in our house🫣😆

If it is just because she is struggling mentally (nothing wrong physically) you could try letting her become an outdoor/indoor cat.
With some cats, being able to exercise and let off energy outside can really help, but she can still come inside to sleep and rest.

If it is just because she is struggling mentally (nothing wrong physically) you could try letting her become an outdoor/indoor cat.
With some cats, being able to exercise and let off energy outside can really help, but she can still come inside to sleep and rest.
I doubt it, since she hasn't been outside since she was 3 weeks old. I also couldn't do this, as my other cat is an indoor/outdoor cat that was forced at about 3-4 years to become indoor only, as we had a huge tick population in the suburb where we used to live. He would be furious if she were allowed out and he wasn't, and I have been sold on the indoor or outdoor only model. I can't have ticks in my house.

Did the vet check for UTIs? I’m guessing they did but that’s a pretty common cause. Though if it seems to be from stress then maybe not. But worth looking into. Also how often do you clean the boxes? With mine, it has to be pristine, like cleaned multiple times a day or at the very least once daily, or she will start going outside the box. Also I got a bigger box which seemed to help. It’s also easy entry so she can get in easier since she’s a senior.

Back
Top Bottom