Dropped egg in lockdown

FishMtFarm

Emu whisperer
Jan 2, 2017
Lake Pleasant, NY
So I have a few silkie eggs that went in lockdown yesterday. Tonight I was checking them and moving them to the front of the incubator so I can see them better and dropped one on the tips floor. It shattered about 50% of the shell on the pointed end and up the sides. I candles it and could see a couple veins that broke but baby was moving so put it back in. Three hours later and the egg is wiggling in there so the membrane must still be intact. Will let everyone know how it goes and if it can make it or die.

So I have a few silkie eggs that went in lockdown yesterday. Tonight I was checking them and moving them to the front of the incubator so I can see them better and dropped one on the tips floor. It shattered about 50% of the shell on the pointed end and up the sides. I candles it and could see a couple veins that broke but baby was moving so put it back in. Three hours later and the egg is wiggling in there so the membrane must still be intact. Will let everyone know how it goes and if it can make it or die.
Ohhh! I hope everything goes well!! What day are they on?

Back
Top Bottom