Dropped Eggs

Cheetara

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2016
United Kingdom
A member of my family is currently in the dog house after dropping all of my duck eggs (picking up the unit when they had no business too), one embro is dead, no longer has a heart beat and 3 are cracked... I have tried to repair them with candle wax, hope that will work. One of the broken eggs is the longest duckling (12 days) he/shes still moving around in there...

Does anyone have any experience with hatching broken eggs?

fl.gif
Fingers crossed that they'll be okay.

Originally I used either beeswax or nail polish to seal cracks and never had success. Then I started using liquid bandage and it usually works. It seals well and also has antiseptic properties.
Once I dropped an egg at about day 10 and the cracks covered over 50% of the egg. I covered all cracks with the liquid skin bandage. I was afraid it may have prevented the chick from being able to escape but on hatch day, I woke up and it was already out of the shell.

A lady on youtube has had success hatching broken eggs (chicken), BUT she used scotch tape and it was rather far into the incubation that is got broke. Here is the first broken egg video
Here is the second?

Back
Top Bottom