Dropping Trays??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cluckychick, Jan 23, 2009.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I'm totally having a brain malfuntion [​IMG] For the life of me cannot think of the name of the dropping trays that you put under the roost. I'd like to find some to purchase.

What are those trays called and where can I get them? I seen someone had some nice heavy ones in a pic on here but I can't find the post. I have one that my MIL had from when they owned a store and back then they were used for bread but I know they have to have them for purchase somewhere.

What do you all use for your droppings?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i use rabbit hutch trays for my dropping boards..

[​IMG]

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't believe I've ever seen them sold specifically for poultry. People mostly use whatever they have around or can buy for cheap [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun,

Pat, with just plain boards that I scrape off daily

4. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    That's what I have now is one that came from our wire dog kennel but it's floppy and then I have one that if made from heavy plastic that was a bread transport tray.

I also use two boards that are laminated 3/4" particle board. My DH and I use to make countertops and we had one we removed from a pharmacy so we just cut it in half but they aren't exactly light, lol.

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    plant trays maybe? Or cheap boot trays? We just have a linoleum-covered board we scrape off every day.

6. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Here's what I use: They are fiberglass trays (think big cafeteria trays) which, while robust and excellent for the application, aren't particularly economical.

[​IMG]

7. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Quote:I love the ladder - do your chickens actually use it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by