DRUNK acting roo keeps bumping and stumbling

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 2manychickenz, Jul 28, 2013.

1. 2manychickenz

2manychickenz Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2013
    Prospect ,Kentucky
    Hey Guys.... sorry havent had time to look at forums today...any clue why my roo is having the drunk look???? thanks for help

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Not sure but could be a vitamin defiency or inner ear infection. If his ears look alright I might think defiency. Vitamin defiency can bring on many different symptoms I've just gone through two E defiencies in my own flock. My birds stumbled around would shake and then developed wry neck. They are back to 100% now thank God with treatment. But I would consider trying vitamins A D E and B. I know first state vet online sells a all in one package of A D And E then they sell a B called vita pro B that can be mixed with the A D and E. Hope this helps. It can't hurt to give it a try. It took around three weeks for my birds defiencies to be cured so have patience. And if its not a defiency the vitamins can only help not hurt him so its worth a try. But first rule out ear infection. Hope this helps you and I wish you the best.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Flock Master Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you be more specific or tell us how he has been acting along with his age, and any history of illness in the flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by